Read more: http://pctoolstips.blogspot.com/2014/01/add-facebook-activity-feed-widgetplugin.html#ixzz3EnWbc1jd

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

News Letter 1 / 2016

     
                

The Fabulous & Fighting CF                  Trust        


Registration No IT 1010/2012/PMB
Supporter of SACFA

         DUM SPIRO SPERO – While I Breathe, I Hope
                                                                                      

           Newsletter No. 1/2016                    





Dear Family and Friends,

I hope you all had a lovely peaceful and restful Christmas period and managed to safely see in the New Year.  I am not a philosophical person by nature and do not make New Year resolutions, which I know I would not keep, but I am believing in a year that will bring me strength to see me through the difficult times and faith to know that God is in control of my life.  That being said, I will embrace to the best of my ability all that comes my way with as much positiveness as I am able. 

Since I last wrote I have managed to keep the summer bugs away and hopefully the worst time of year for me is now over and done with. The cortisone seems to have helped with my asthma and kept it under control with limited whistling and wheezing.  I confess I haven’t been very active of late as the energy levels have sapped a bit with the hot summer days and the best exercise I get is walking down and up our steps.  The rainy, cooler days in between are a wonderful boost to me and the reason I think that I have managed so well so far.  I will not lie, my happy bubbly spirit is tired at times and I have taken to resting more often.  As ever I push myself to go for as long as I can without resorting to using my oxygen during the day but I continue to use it while I am sleeping.

The never ending story of medical aid and gap cover continues which does little to alleviate the stress I feel at trying to sort it all out.  Just when I think all is well I receive another email with yet another tail with a twist.  I guess it is one of the things that I have to deal with and together with my mom we are slowly working away at it all.

I went to clinic almost two weeks ago and my doctor was happy with my progress.  She said that it looks like the move has been good for me as my lung function increased to 30% again, wheezing and all.  My weight is still a bit low for transplant but my appetite is still good and I am eating well balanced regular meals.
I am being admitted for treatment again on 2nd March and will probably stay the full two weeks as between medical aid and gap cover neither seem keen to pay for my TTO’s (medicines I am sent home with to continue my treatment until 14 days is completed.)  It will be a lonely time for me as my mom and dad will not be able to stay away from home for so long…dad must go to work otherwise it piles up and takes him a while to catch up. 

My mom and I have started baking and have a table with cupcakes at the Farmers market early on Saturday mornings.  We are only allowed to make and sell them as there are already two other ladies baking cakes and tarts etc.  My task is the admin and PRO work and mom bakes and ices.  Any other orders are welcome and we are not limited in doing anything else.  






We are trusting that we will soon be making enough to cover my expenses of medical aid and clinic etc which will take the burden away from fund raising in our weakened economy and we will hopefully be able to build the trust fund up again ready for transplant.

Well I think this is all my news for now and as I leave you I remind you of my motto – ‘Dum Spiro Spero’ While I breathe I hope. 

This is after all what my life is all about….one breath at a time.  Thank you for reading this.  Thank you for supporting me. 

Thank you for understanding how much I need you.

God bless you always
<3 <3 NiQi <3 <3

The Fabulous and Fighting CF Trust banking details are as follows:
   Bank :                                  First National Bank             
  Account Name :                  The Fabulous and Fighting CF Trust
  Account Number :              (ZA) 62371509062
  Branch :                               Midlands Mall
  Branch code :                     250655
  Account Type :                   Current
  Swift Code                           Firnzajj







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting <3