Read more: http://pctoolstips.blogspot.com/2014/01/add-facebook-activity-feed-widgetplugin.html#ixzz3EnWbc1jd

Monday, March 21, 2016

Trip to Matatiele

Gauteng, Freestate, Mpumalang, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Eastern Cape all in the span of 2 days.....

If you are wondering why that is, it is because I have just come home from two week IV treatment in Jhb. I have managed to stay out of hospital for 4 months, which I am and my doctors are very proud of.

After 2 weeks of treatment,  my lung function only went up by 1%. That's alright I suppose, sometimes admissions don't always yield amazing results.

Anyways, Kyle came up to fetch me on Thursday and we stayed the night with his family. and drove back to KZN on Friday.

On Saturday morning mom and I had a brilliant time at the market, we almost sold out of cupcakes!! Thank you to everybody who has been supporting our business SQ CREATIONS :-)


After market, we packed up, headed home, packed our bags and drove to Matatiele in the Eastern Cape. Mom and and myself on the open road. We drove through Underberg and stopped at an old budgie members sons restaurant. It's called mikes restaurant in Underberg, and has the most amazing food.

The road to our destination was breathtaking, driving through the mountains, seeing waterfalls and dams. I can't even describe the beauty that we came across.

We finally arrive at the Kings house, the family waiting with much anticipation and arms wide open. we felt right at home.

Dad, Thea and Scott all had a budgie meeting whilst their kids, Tristan and Courtney helped unpack the car and shove mom and I to designated rooms. It wasn't long before we were all ready to go and hit the lake, to do some trout fishing,

To get to the lake, we had to drive in the Matatiele Nature Reserve. Up, up and up we went as we climbed the mountains to the top. As we got near the top of the mountain, in the distant we could see the Lesotho Mountains. WoW! No photo could ever show you the awesome sight that it was. I Have never seen anything so spectacular,  For a moment I forgot about everyone and everything and just soaked in the beauty of this place. It was calm and peaceful.

I thought it couldn't get any better, but when we turned our heads and saw the lake, I just had no more words.

We couldn't wait to fish, dad , Scott and Tristan were rods in the water within minutes of arriving. Me ofcourse, had my trusty camera and starting shooting immediately, fishing could wait. I decided to take a walk to the other side of the channel where the fishing was happening, but little did I know, i misjudged the distance. I won't lie, I struggled alot. I assume the thin air of the mountains didn't help at all. I had sit down and rest for a while before heading back to the others.

The mist rolled in and the lake was eerie, the was a sharp cold wind surrounding us and after dad had caught his 4th or 5th Trout, we decided to call it a night and head back down to their house,

On the way out of the lake, we were blessed enough to see a Black backed Jackel.

By the time we had gotten back to Thea and Scotts house, I was really battling to catch my breath. I felt I couldn't be off the oxygen, I couldn't catch my breath, my heart was pulpitating, After 2 weeks admission I was really worried. I even burst into tears and told my mom that I am struggling. I just think it was too much excitement for one day. It's getting to that point in my life, where I want to do things, but my body won't let me, and it is frustrating. but hey, what can one do, just pick yourself up and carry on :-)

It was a very special weekend, and thank you to the Kings for their wonderful hospitality. I cannot wait to go there again.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting <3