Read more: http://pctoolstips.blogspot.com/2014/01/add-facebook-activity-feed-widgetplugin.html#ixzz3EnWbc1jd

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

**My "Night with the STARS'**

                                                        'ALL THE CELEBS'
     
So as you have all seen I keep talking about my "night with the stars", well tonight was the night.

Basically, how this came about was, my dad is apart of Afriforum up here in pretoria and about 3 weekends ago, he did some acting work for this advert that they have done to promote this movie/ documentary that has been made by a man with the name of 'Rian van der walt". He is a south African film maker.

My dad was able to score my mom and me an invite to the event, That is how I was able to go along. Now we did have some concerns about my health and how I would be able to handle such an outing. But I think the Lord was with me tonight for the very reasons I will tell you about later. Anyways, I had my oxygen tank in the car if I needed it, but luckily, my lungs held out for 5 and a half hours that we were there . :-)

This documentary, I am sure you are all wondering what it is about. Well it is something very real that is a huge problem in South Africa at the moment, and that is Farm killings. The documentary was about the genacide in our country with all the farmers that are being murdered. it was a really good, HARD hitting documentary and I think when it is available, everybody should buy a copy and watch it. I must warn you though, there are some very explicit details, which might not gel with sensitive viewers.
the name of the documentary is called "War of the Flea".





This is were the celebrities come in. They have pledged to help in anyways that they can to help stop these Violent, inhuman acts.
There were quite a few celebrities ther, a few of which I did not who they were. but of those I did know, there was Steve Hoffmeyer, Bobby and Karlien Van Jaarsveld, Chris Chameleon. Steve Hoffmeyer appears quite a bit in the film as he is an activist.

Chris Chameleon
                                                              Bobby Van Jaarsveld
                                                               Steve Hoffmeyer
                                                                      Not sure
All the celebs together

Now after almost 3 hours of sitting in a rather hard and uncomfortable chair, and after my poor tush has finally lost all feeling, they finally show the advert that they made, let me say, I got all excited when I saw my dad on the big screen, all dolled up and riding a horse like he is in the wild west. Haha, I think my dad thinks he is now a celebrity himself :-D

After everything that needed to be said, had been said, and the evening had been closed off, I waited for everybody to leave the theatre,  because I really wanted to get some pictures with the celebs, as some of them  stayed behind to chat. I wasn't feeling 100% anymore at that stage, but I needed those pictures. Now, I will admit, I am a total Sissy when it comes to celebs, I get all wierd eyed and tongued tied. So my dad organised for me to have a photograph taken with Steve Hoffmeyer, needless to say, I think with my heels on, I was almost taller than him. Lol.

My mom then bravely caught Bobby and karlien van jaarsvelds attention and I had my picture taken with them. Wow, and ladies we all know how good looking Bobby is, even though he is married, my heart still skipped a beat! haha. Anyways, my mom then started speaking to them, and asked if they ever do charity concerts, and Bobby said yes they do, they do one every month. (Now this is the part where I told you God was with me, in making me well enough to attend). my mom then told Bobby our situation with me and CF, and he said that they will most definatly have a chairty concert for me to raise money :-D IS THAT NOT AMAZING!!! Karlien and Bobby both then proceeded hug me :-) it was great.

So, we have all the detail we need to get this ball rolling!! God is SO good! I then got a third hug from Bobby and he said "God is good, he can heal. See you again then at the 'thing'' Haha, I think I almost fainted. I then needed too use my pump and get into the car onto the oxygen because I was so excited :-)


P.S. as mom says: I am insync with the celebs. We are both wearing Leopard print. Hehe



So all in all, tonight was a really good night!

And now for me, this is one tired Lady who is wishing you all a good night!

I am now going to be fabulous and fighting CF with my Pillow :-D

xoxo <3 <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting <3