Read more: http://pctoolstips.blogspot.com/2014/01/add-facebook-activity-feed-widgetplugin.html#ixzz3EnWbc1jd

Monday, April 11, 2016

Trip to Amanzimtoti

It has been 8 years since I was last at the seaside.

 




I cannot remember what it feels like to have the course, harsh sand between my toes.
The sea breeze, blowing through my hair, the seagulls dancing in the wind.
The waves crashing on the rocks, greeting the shoreline with blunder and vigor.

Oh what a sight it was to see the sea again, to experience all those wonderful things, they fill you with excitement and a childhood sense of Joy..





Yesterday, my dad decided spur of the moment that he needed to check what the tides in Durban were like, so I did some googling and told him what he wanted to know. 10 minutes later, he says to my mom and I, "do you feel like going to get grit"(Grit is sand that we use for the budgies).

Mom and I had 5 minutes to get ready. We raced around the house grabbing cellphones and shoes, cameras and handbags.

Off we went down to Toti, to a beach that has so many childhood memories. It has been over 10 and a half years since my mom and I were at this particular beach.

What a wonderful day it was indeed. Dad running in and out with the waves trying to catch the perfect grit, whilst I waded over all the rock pools, 'ooing"and "awing" with every beuatiful rock , or fish, or mussel or sea plant that I saw. It was a real treat.

My mom decided to join me a little bit later on after she had taken photos of the days events. We were looking at all the intricate life the rock pools held.

Moments later, my dad joined us, and he and then looked at all the fish life, wandering which fish we could add to our pond at home (which we wouldn't have done by the way, we left the fishes at the sea
)

Suddenly out of the corner of our eye, we saw my mom stepping further and further back as a wave crashed over the rocks, "Stop we yelled!"... "Don't move" we cried out, but it was too late. Mom fell backwards into a big rock pool...

She was not concerned about herself, she was concerned that she had, her camera, cellphone and my dad cellphone in her pockets....She whipped them out and gave them to me. I helped pull her out of the pool. And her drenching body just stood there. Dad and I had quite the laugh, as her fall was almost in slow motion.

Mom was alright, we did check, a few cuts and scrapes.

We laid all electronics, and mom out in the sun to dry...

but to no avail, they did not want to work :-(...

Mom and dad went for a stroll along the shoreline to try and dry my mom out, whilst I buried my feet in the warm sand and drew pictures around me.

Once we were all safely home, i took the phones apart, used earbuds and tooth picks, took out the j=hairdryer and tried my best to get the phones working.

My dad phone works, however it will not go off flight mode, so he cannot receive calls, or smses, or use the internet. The only time it works to receive whatsapp, is when it is on wifi. )which we don't have) so my dads phone was connected my phones hotspot.

Moms phone came on and off, and charged a little bit, but then a blue screen of death appeared, and the phone was no more :-( Moms really sad as all her photos, and contact etc is on the phone.

We are hoping that today, Matthew (my brother) can do something to fix them.

So even though there was a little event in our day, it was a wonderful day.

I walked away from the beach with the biggest headache in the world, due to lack of oxygen (my excitement of the day got the better of me), but I took some panado, put my oxygen on in the car and had a nap.

What a lovely way to spend a Sunday.


Mom trying to dry off..






Mom trying to suck out all the seawater




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting <3