Read more: http://pctoolstips.blogspot.com/2014/01/add-facebook-activity-feed-widgetplugin.html#ixzz3EnWbc1jd

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A long walk to FREEDOM!

Hi everyone, I thought I might update you all with a few thoughts before I am admitted to hospital tomorrow as I am not sure what the reception will be like in my ward and whether I will be able to go on line.

Friday last week was a nerve-wracking day for me, and not for the first time I might add.  I had booked my drivers test...yet again and this time I hadn't told anyone I was going as I have had previous disappointments and to explain  to people over and over all the time is just so exhausting.  Little did I realize, that my dad had actually broadcast to the whole world via e-mail, that I was going, so it wasn't as much of a secret as I had thought.  This time though, I am happy to say, that I passed!!!!!!!!!


      



 Oh the feeling of freedom is wonderful...at last I can spread my wings and fly....no more having to ask mum or dad to drop me off somewhere, I can just drive myself there all on my own.  All I need now are my own wheels and then I will really be independent.  For the time being though I will have to borrow my parent's vehicles, which I guess is in itself a good thing because I will be sure to drive the speed limit...and not take chances overtaking...and keep checking that incessant 'mirror, mirror, mirror, blind spot, malarkey.  Not having your own vehicle gives you added responsibility to your life, because you can't mess up and drive like a maniac in someone else's car...not that I would, but I'm just saying.






I am beginning to understand how age and wisdom fit together, like a hand in a glove... my entire life I have been told I have to take responsibility for my actions, which is not something a 5 year old understands, nor a teenager wants to hear...so finally all this 'responsibility'stuff is taking shape in my mind.  It's not something we all learn at a certain age, and it's not something that we suddenly wake up one morning and discover we have... like chicken pox or the measles... it's something we gather together over time and through experience.







I think I can safely say that I have had to accept responsibility and suffer the consequences far more regularly than most of my peers.  If I didn't exercise and have regular physiotherapy, then I would soon feel my lungs clogging up.  If I hid my pills away - which was fairly often I admit - when I was eating lunch at school, then my tummy and everyone around me would know it.  If I don't drink my shakes and watch my kilojoule intake every day then I lose weight so quickly it's actually scary...so I reckon that at age 22 I am almost a responsible person...  I say 'almost' because there is bound to be a time sometime in the future when I may be just a little silly.  :)  






So for the first time, in a while, this is me, Fabulous and Fighting :-D 
           
                           



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting <3