Read more: http://pctoolstips.blogspot.com/2014/01/add-facebook-activity-feed-widgetplugin.html#ixzz3EnWbc1jd

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cf Awareness 2014

Hey everyone,

as you know it is CF Genes day today, and apart of the raising awareness for CF campaign in August is cf sufferers and doctors having radio, magazine, newspaper and TV interviews.

Well today was my turn, I was the lucky CF to be asked to go onto ann7 (African News Network) with Dr Klugman and speak about cystic Fibrosis.

I won't lie, I was nervous, the whole way to the studio I tried not to think about it, but the more I tried not to, the more I did. At one point I remember asking my mom if she had any Rescue, Lol. But to my disappointment she didn't.

When mom and I arrived we were greeted with a very warm welcome by two lovely people, of which we unfortunately didn't catch the name of.



At about 7:45 am, I was called to have hair and makeup done, but just keep in mind that I have already done makeup as I didn't think id qualify to have hair and makeup done, I thought that is only for the rich and famous movie stars. Lol. The makeup artists was very friendly and didn't do too much to my existing makeup. She just put a matt foundation on (So I didn't glow on tv) along with liquid liner on my eye lids and a pink lip stick.





At 8 am, Myself, my Mom (my Photographer and body guard) along with DR Klugman were taken into "The Studio" , it was surreal, I think we all stopped and said "WOW" in awe of this strange new world. There were lights everywhere, and Tvs running different news stories, not to mention all the people working behind the scenes.



I remember seeing the Anchorman sitting behind this very large desk, that was Illuminated to the point I thought about bringing out my sunglasses. (it was so bright I think you could have seen it from space). We were than called to take our places at this giant desk. 2 gentlemen were waiting for us to attach  our mics. I will admit, that is the moment things got real!

Prior to going on air, the anchorman spoke to us and gave us a run down of what to say and the time limit we had. We had 6 minutes each, but as I later learnt, 6 minutes goes by really quickly.

The whole interview I was running through all the things I was going to say, but when it was my turn, something completely different fell out of my mouth. I didn't even say all the things I wanted say. Before I knew it, time was over :-O





I don't even remember what I spoke about, all I know is that I enjoyed it and hopefully we did CF proud .

Mom and I still had to make our way to clinic. We arrived just after 9 and headed straight to lung function hoping we would catch them, unfortunately after waiting for 15 minutes, nobody let us in. We then proceeded to the lifts, of which only 1 was working. Mom and I waited around for what felt like 20minutes, and after the lift skipped the 5th floor, I had , had enough and we tackled the stairs :-O I nearly died, having to climb up 106 stairs (from the carpark to the 9th floor), I wanted to pass out. And who did I have waiting for me at the top of the stairs? Louis, telling me it's not that bad, what's wrong with me etc. He had a good chuckle, I was so out of breathe that I couldn't talk or even wave hand gestures. Louis mom gave him a smack on my behalf . Lol

I nearly crawled into 496, breathless and weak, however my guardian Angel, Sr Barnard came to my rescue and gave me a good dose of O2 (Oxygen). She's the best :-)



anyways, to cut my story short, my clinic visit went well. I have picked up 1.6 Kgs since June.
My stats are alright, 91% on room air. The bad news is, my Lung function, since I came out of hospital, I have been battling, and at this time of year, I struggle the most. My Lung function has dropped down to 29%. The lowest it has been in 2 years. It has dropped, 6% since I was discharged in June.

I have been put onto a course of Ciprobay to help me get through this time of year.

I have noticed that I am coughing alot more, and I get short of breath quickly. I too have noticed that my appetite has started to decrase. I think it is a good idea that I have this ciprobay as to stop things from getting worse.

Oh, and I got my eflow nebuliser today :-) I am so excited to use it




Other than that, today was a fabulous day, and I would like to thank everyone who has been supporting  me. It means the World to me.

I send you all a dose of Love and Giggles.

Stay Fabulous and Fighting <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting <3