Read more: http://pctoolstips.blogspot.com/2014/01/add-facebook-activity-feed-widgetplugin.html#ixzz3EnWbc1jd

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Charitea Event

Charitea
                                           


Nearly 3 weeks ago, I attended the Charitea event organised by Fawn Rogers. It was an event to raise awareness about Organ donation.







I was also asked to be photographer for the day. I really enjoyed it and it gave me quite the experience. Now my passion in life is to a Photographer for National Geographic’s, so I am more of an animal and object photographer. It was a challenge, but I learnt a lot and acquired some new experience.

The whole event was a big success. There were about 30 new registrations that day.  Now remember you can save 7 Lives with your organs, so take those 30 ladies x 7 lives = 210 Lives saved. Talk about amazing statistics for just one afternoon.
That means that 60 people needing new lungs like me, have a chance of receiving them.


       

I also gave a speech about life before transplant. It was quite nerve racking, and I left out quite a bit of detail, but I shall post my speech as well. It took me quite some courage to stand up and talk , I had just made the call to put Titan (My foal) down to sleep. It was an emotional afternoon for myself and my mom, she accompanied me and told me what had happened, and every time I looked at her I had to try and compose and stop myself from crying.

Following me, Alice gave her talk about life after transplant. It was very interesting.
There were some amazing prizes up for grabs, and the goody bags were to die for. Oh and not to mention the food, Bella really went above and beyond and created some delectable nibbles.



                                         

                                     
I will be posting some photos of the event, and I would just like to ask you all to please consider becoming an organ donor. You have the power to change many lives.

Click this Link to go and Sign up as an organ donor, and P.s. Don't forget to tell your family your wishes.

                                                            http://www.odf.org.za/

    



 I also met some amazing ladies there. Some of them being the entrepreneurs of trinket trove,  www.trinkettrove.co.za. I also met a blogger Ali of www.seamsandsilhouttes.blogspot.com. I then had the privilege of sitting next to Anni King who is gaining fast popularity in SA with her beautiful handbags. Have a look www.anniking.com.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting <3