Read more: http://pctoolstips.blogspot.com/2014/01/add-facebook-activity-feed-widgetplugin.html#ixzz3EnWbc1jd

Friday, June 28, 2013

Crafts

Hello Everyone :-)

At some stage in a Cystics life, it becomes too difficult to work. The stress of work and the hours we work both contributes to us becoming sick and that is why a number of CF's are on disability grants.

In earlier years, Cystics biggest goal in life was to finish high school. We didn't plan for after high school, because we thought, "well why should we, we aren't going to be alive much longer,have nothing to live for, further than matric, so why even bother."
Then all of a sudden, you finish school, and you realize, "Woah , hang on a minute, I have made it this far in life, but, what now? I haven't planned a future?"

Oh dear!! What ever shall I do? Should I study? Should I work?

A lot of CF's that I know, have gone straight from matric, to the working world, because we haven't even thought of tertiary education.  It is amazing how life suddenly changes.

That doesn't mean however, that we have to sit around all day being depressed, doing nothing and feeling sorry for ourselves.

I have had a few jobs in my lifetime....
When I finished school, I worked as a PA/ Secretary at a Roofing Company in Menlyn,which paid REALLY well. haha.

Then sadly after just 3 months I was retrenched/ let go, because my boss wanted to have a PA/Secretary, who could do book keeping as well.

After that, I sat around at home for about 6months, just vegetating. I then received a call from a friend at the time, saying that they were in need of facilitators at their camp for 2 weeks and would I be interested? Of course I said "yes". I Immediately loved working there, interacting with the children, delegating them, telling them what to do and guiding them in right from wrong! Haha.

Once that two weeks was finished, the boss of the campsite approached me and said that she could see I was a hard worker, handled situations with ease and I interacted with the children and the staff really well. She reckoned  that I have managerial qualities, and asked if I would I be interested in working for her, learning to manage the campsite and she will teach me how to do her books.

I worked for her for about a year, and then management changed hands. Luckily the new owner took me over to help him. We were contracted to the Nigerian government doing a rehabilitation program for militant rebels. I really enjoyed it most days, but when things started going sour. I ended up having body guards which was pretty cool because I realized my celeb status - lol, but then it became scary. Especially when the Nigerians rioted. That only lasted about 6 months,  the program went cold turkey and I lost my job :-(

I then proceeded to work at an accounting firm, but that only lasted 8 months. This job was reaaaaaallllyyyyy stressful and I just kept getting sicker and sicker, until I eventually had to resign, for health's sake. My health comes first.

So since July 2012, I have been at home. I haven't  been sitting around doing nothing though.... I have kept myself busy. I have my horses which I train and ride, I then take photos for people every so often and I babysit as well.

At the moment, I am helping out a lady with 'craft' things and I am enjoying it because I can do it from home and in my own time.   :-)

Here are a few photo's showing someof the things I have been making for her.

 so this is it today, still  Fabulous and Fighting ..... always xoxox






       


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting <3