Read more: http://pctoolstips.blogspot.com/2014/01/add-facebook-activity-feed-widgetplugin.html#ixzz3EnWbc1jd

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

27 Dresses

I am sure you have all watched the movie 27 Dresses. The one with katherine Heigl in it, the one where she is always a bridesmaid ,and never a Bride.

Well I had a similar experience recently. My cousin was getting married and I needed a dress.
Now, If you know anything about me, you will know how indecisive and  critical I can be.

The last week of August, I raided almost every shop in the kolonnade mall for a dress. I must have tried on at least 10 dresses. To my dismay I couldn't find a dress within my price range. 
I did however find the perfect dress at Edgars, it is a "Forever New" design.

When I saw it on the mannequin, I instantly fell in love. It was the perfect cut, design and colour. I walked towards the rack where the dress hung, waiting for me. My Heart was racing and the world went dead around me as my hand brushed the soft fabric, it was just me and the dress, until I saw the Price tag. I nearly fell over when I saw the price, it was  R1500, so  I promptly put the dress back, and walked away. I may have even shed a tear. haha.


This is the dress


That was the end of my dress searching for that day.

Time was running out and Paiges wedding was around the corner. I had to find a dress. 
On Thursday the 5th of September, Kyle and I decided to shop till we drop, literally!

Kyle and I started our day after a good hearty Spur breakfast. The first store we went into had 2 lovely dresses, but they weren't exactly the right colour. They were burgundy, and didn't have my size.





So, Kyle and I moved onto the next store, we found a whole load of dresses, however, they were to formal. Even though Kyle really liked this red dress and was convinced that I had to buy it. haha
















Our last pit stop was to go to Woodlands, which is apparently a very upper class area in Pretoria. By this stage, I was actually very tired and short on breath and energy. I could also see that Kyle, even though he was so supportive and understanding, was also over the whole dress thing. We made one final stop at a shop and found this blue dress, which was actually a "Forever new"design.  Unfortunately, the dress was not suited for the wedding. 




Kyle and I then had our tails between our legs, and he took me home. I will brag a bit now, I definitely have an amazing boyfriend. He went through all of that with me, without complaining, and was just all round supportive. :-) You don't find many guys who would go through this.

The following Monday, mom and I decided to go and finally find a dress. We only had 5 days left, so it was now or never.  We picked up Kyle along the way, because my mom likes him, she didn't mind him tagging along. Haha

We went back to woodlands Mall, and about 2 hours later, and many kilometers walked, we finally found a dress. At last the search was over and I could rest easy. :-0

Here is the dress ...




So all in all I finally found an outfit. In my next blog I will give you more details on my cousins beautiful wedding.

But for now, lets just be fabulous and fighting.

xoxox <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting <3