Read more: http://pctoolstips.blogspot.com/2014/01/add-facebook-activity-feed-widgetplugin.html#ixzz3EnWbc1jd

Friday, September 12, 2014

Flu shot

I came across these photos my mom took in March.
I was having my flu shot done. Quite a painful little injection.
At the same time I was having my Port flushed. It has to be flushed with Heparin (a blood thinning agent) to stop the port from blocking.
This happens every month at clinic. And twice at admission,  once when the port needle (a butterfly needle)  is put in, and once more before the needle comes out.
I am now on Port number 3. I am hoping this is the last one. My first got infected within a year of having it, because at that stage the nursing staff at my old hospital still did everything,  and they were not very proactive and concerned with Hygiene. Sadly, from their lack of hygiene and disinfection,  I got infected.
Number 2 lasted just under 3years, it got tired and decided to stop working. Silly thing! 
So here I am with number 3, which I have grown rather fond of. Since I've had the port put in, I hate needles :-O I am quite the sissy. Lol.
Be fabulous and.fighting always!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting <3