Read more: http://pctoolstips.blogspot.com/2014/01/add-facebook-activity-feed-widgetplugin.html#ixzz3EnWbc1jd

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Are CF's Cursed?



Some might say we are unlucky, we have been cursed, we are doomed and no matter what we do, we are going to have a miserable life and die.

One day someone was handing out sprinkles of CF and  said, "I pick you Joe; "Here, Joe, have some CF" but Joe ducked and the CF hit me.So now I am the one stuck with this disease, all because Joe ducked out the way.

Some people might say that Cf's have been blessed. We were chosen to have this disease because , We can handle it. We will inspire people. Live our life to the fullest. See the world in a way that other people won't.

I was speaking to a fellow CF recently, and they asked me a question, which I have no idea how to answer.
She asked me, "what are the benefits to having cf? What are the perks?" for eg: people with cancer get to smoke dagga. lol.

And this question really hit me hard. I actually do not know.  How does someone get to that point where they ask themselves that question everyday, "is their life worth it?" What's the point if your life consists of waking up every morning, to do the exact same things. To live your life taking medications, and feeling awful. What's the point of getting married when you know that you are or will eventually be a burden to your loved ones?

You can't live a normal life, you can't get up and go wherever you want to because you have to drag oxygen machines, medications, & nebulisers along. You can't have your own children. Your family and your spouse will have sleepless nights worrying about you. The nights that you can't catch your breath. You're too weak and exhausted to bath, so you have to rely on someone. Having to be pushed around in a wheelchair. The simplest of tasks, but a burden having to get someone to be the pusher.

The stress that this disease puts onto your family is almost unbearable. Let me tell you, this is disease is most definitely not for sissies.



This is where the mind comes into play. The mind is a powerful tool, and once it has a hold of that one thing that keeps you under, you'll never see the sun again.

Thought, like all potent weapons, is exceedingly dangerous if mishandled. Clear thinking is therefore desirable not only in order to develop the full potentialities of the mind, but also to avoid disaster. Giles St. Aubyn


It is a difficult thing to explain, and as I haven't crossed that threshold into the negativity of the disease, I wouldn't know how to answer that question. Yes I have my days, the days I ask why me, why must i suffer. But I have never dwelled on the fact that I have no purpose in life. 
I too hope to never get to that point in my life where I am able to answer : "What is the point?"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting <3