Read more: http://pctoolstips.blogspot.com/2014/01/add-facebook-activity-feed-widgetplugin.html#ixzz3EnWbc1jd

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hospital 2015


So today was my clinic visit of 2015

It has been almost 4 months since my last admission. So it was now time to have my 2 week IV course.

I phoned through and organised for my bed at Milpark to be booked for Wednesday (Today), and all was supposedly sorted.

I landed up today, really frustrated with all the calls I have having to make to Discovery to try and get an Authorisation for my admission. I can either not get through, or the Call center people keep hanging up on me. Anyways, after many attempts , sighs and grunts, I manage to get through to someone, who then says to me, I need a "Nappi"number for the medication so that they can authorise... This is news to myself and my Doctor because they have never asked me for that before. I said thank you, and hung up.

I then proceeded to phone Milpark hospital to check if my bed at section 7 is still waiting for me. After trying 5 times and the ward phone continually ringing, I phone the switchboard and get them to put me through, only to then have the cellphone cut out on me. One final attempt, I dial the number and let it ring, holding my breath, hoping , waiting to hear a voice on the other end.... FINALLY, I hear life, a voice, a person.

I asked the nurse if my bed was still available, and the very nice sister on the other said says to me "No my Baby, there are no beds. Did you book one?", (so of course I am now about to burst into tears), I said to the Nurse, that yes I did, I called through on Monday, and the lady that helped me said she would put me down for Wednesday admission.

So to sum it all up, I battled with Discovery, and the ward only to have all my effort turn out with a NO. eeek!

So what do I do now? I have dragged my mom, and Kyle all the way to JHB, with my things for my admission. There is no way that I will be going home, and having to do this trip all over again.

My Doctor then said that I can stay at JHB Gen, until Milpark has a bed for me. I really don't mind. I am enjoying seeing all the staff again.

it has been some fun and Games in the few hours that I have been at the GEN, regarding medication. I got mom and Kyle both helping me mix up my medications. I needed to start my drips as soon as possible.



 


 


 



I am on Tazobax and Colistin Iv's. I am used to having 2 million units of colistin in an Iv, but last admission, the Doctors put it up to 3million (3bottles) in 100mls saline 8hourly over half an hour, which was still alright.

However, my stat dose today of colistin, was 9 MILLION UNITS in 100mls saline over an Hour, so that was triple the normal dose, in half the time. Needless to say I now have a type of vertigo (or something), It's almost as if my feet don't touch the ground, and I am hovering above my body. I can't focus too well, and if I walk, I feel "Drunk". It is the wierdest thing, it's quite cool, but I really don't think that it should happen every day. Haha,

The Sister here, called my doctor and asked her what we should do, and should I still take my Normal Colistin dose tomight, She said yes I must try, and If I still feel "vertigo"then we will reassess tomorrow.

So that's about all for today. 2 week admission, starts now!

I will keep you posted as to when I move over to Milpark. My Doctor as Milpark is rather distressed. My JHB Gen DR, told me that he can't believe there are no beds, and we must admit me there, he doesn't care, he'll find a bed. Haha, DR Pahad is very sweet!

Thanks all for reading

Stay Fabulous! xoxox

(Colistin Side effects - Transient neurological disturbances may occur. These include circumoral paresthesia or numbness, tingling or formication of the extremities, generalized pruritus, vertigo, dizziness, and slurring of speech. For these reasons, patients should be warned not to drive vehicles or use hazardous machinery while on therapy. Reduction of dosage may alleviate symptoms. Therapy need not be discontinued, but such patients should be observed with particular care.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Commenting <3